On IBM xSeries Servers, Disks are not being reported.
KB1010 - Sep 17, 2009
Description: On IBM xSeries Servers, issues can arrise if both the ServeRaid Extensions for IBM Director and the ServeRaid GUI are installed on the same system.
Additional Keywords: xSeries
In order to get visibility on the disks subsystem through the IBM Director Agent on IBM xSeries servers, it is required to install the IBM ServeRAID Extensions for IBM Director.
A known issue with IBM ServeRAID prevents the ServeRAID Extensions for IBM Director from working if the ServeRAID GUI is also installed on the same system.
Generally this occurs with servers running IBM Director 5.20 to 5.20.2 with ServeRaid 9.0.
While the ServeRAID Extensions have been installed, Hardware Sentry KM and BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware don't discover the IBM ServeRAID controllers and the disks attached to it.
Uninstall the ServeRaid GUI or upgrade to IBM Director 5.20.3.
- Hardware Monitoring: No Environmental Information Available on IBM xSeries Servers
- Monitoring IBM xSeries Servers with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring Lenovo Servers with Hardware Sentry
- On IBM xSeries Servers, IBM Director 5.20 or Later Will not Work After Upgrade
- Verifying the IBM Director Agent is Operating Properly