Monitoring Studio Does not Take into Account a Change to the Polling Interval
KB1012 - Sep 24, 2009
Description: This article explains why Monitoring Studio does not take into account a change to the Polling Interval.
Additional Keywords: Event Manager, Event Manager KM, Monitoring Studio, Polling Interval, Tuning
This error can occur if you are running a version of the Event Management KM lower than v2.7.05 and/or a PATROL Agent v3.4.x, v3.5.x or v3.6.x on a 64-bits UNIX server.
The interval between collects on the Parameter's Graph remains at 10 minutes (the default polling interval in the KM) or the polling interval is random.
On Windows, Linux or UNIX 32-bits: upgrade the Event Management KM to 2.7.05 or higher
On UNIX 64-bits: upgrade the Event Management KM to 2.7.05 or higher and the PATROL Agent to v3.7.00 or higher
If an upgrade is not possible, set Monitoring Studio to use tuning variables to set thresholds and polling intervals.
- Right-click the Monitoring Studio icon and select KM Commands - Options - Thresholds Management.
- Click the “Tuning” radio button and click [OK].
All Monitoring Studio thresholds and polling interval will be moved to tuning variables. This should fix the problem.
- Loading Custom JDBC Drivers in Monitoring Studio
- Managing Thresholds in Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL 1.8.00
- Managing Thresholds: the Tuning Thresholds Mechanism
- Monitoring Studio 9: Configuring the Multi-Parameter Formula Monitor in CMA to alert only when multiple conditions are met
- SSH-based monitoring fails due to incompatible Java versions