No Storage Connector Activating when Monitoring Dell Servers
KB1014 - Sep 24, 2009
Description: This article explains why no storage connector is activating when monitoring Dell Servers and why no physical or logical disks are shown.
Additional Keywords: Connectors
This can be due to the Dell Openmanage Agent installation prerequisites. The Dell Openmanage Agent will not automatically install its storage management module if the controller’s firmware is out of date (Note: External Disks that are part of a SAN are not monitored by the Dell Openmanage Agent).
If you try to install the Dell Openmanage Agent manually, you get an error message saying "One or more of your storage controllers has an out-of-date firmware..."
The Dell Openmanage Server Administrator GUI does not list "Storage".
Upgrade the Controllers Firmware or following the instructions in the error message and choose a "custom" installation (manually selecting the Storage Agent).
- All SNMP-based Connectors Fail for one Hour before Reactivating
- Hardware Monitoring: SNMP-based connectors test fails with errno: 100 on Linux
- Hardware Monitoring: Understanding Missing Devices and Connector Failures
- Hardware Sentry: Some Connectors Shows a Zero Byte Size
- Instances are Missing Even Though Connectors Are Properly Loaded
- Unable to Monitor Hardware Using SNMP-based Connectors with PATROL Agent v.9.5.00.02