Monitoring Studio: Unexpected Output for a String Search
KB1017 - Sep 24, 2009
Description: This article explains why a string search performed on a flat/log file may return an abnormal output.
Additional Keywords: File Monitoring, Log File, String Search
The flat/log file string search returns a value different than the expected one when using the unsupported Unicode file format.
For example, the string 'Financial forecast' present in a flat/log file will return the expression "ÿp2" instead.
If the file was generated from a database, configure your database to export its log files in ASCII mode instead of Unicode.
For a flat file, convert it to the ASCII format.
- Log File Monitoring: Searching for a String and Triggering Alarm for each Occurrence
- Monitoring Studio: Counting the Number of Files in a Specific Directory
- Monitoring Studio: Extracting Values from a Multiple-Line File
- Monitoring Studio: File Monitoring on Dynamic Files
- Monitoring Studio: Getting Automatically Notified by Email for an Error in a Log File
- Monitoring Studio: Increasing Maximum File Size Limit
- Monitoring Studio: Monitoring Remote Log/Flat Files