Unable to Perform Remote Monitoring from Windows 2008 Servers with UAC Turned on
KB1036 - Jul 23, 2010
Description: This article explains why remote monitoring from a Windows 2008 server with UAC turned on fails.
Additional Keywords: Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL, Windows 2008 Servers
Remote monitoring from a Windows 2008 server with UAC turned on fails due to the Patrol Agent being unable to execute cmd correctly.
All SSH, Telnet and WBEM based connectors will fail. Either the detection criteria will fail (Actual Results will be blank) or no components will be discovered.
Upgrade to Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL 1.6.01 or above. These versions of Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL no longer use the cmd command to run Java commands.
- Forcing Detection of WMI-based Connectors when Required WMI Namespace is Unavailable
- Hardware Monitoring: Disabling Missing Device Detection
- Hardware Monitoring: Enabling Missing Device Detection
- Object IDs shown in Hardware Sentry KM do not Match with Other Management Consoles
- Performance and Stability Best Practices for Hardware Sentry KM
- SSH-based monitoring fails due to incompatible Java versions
- System Requirements for Sentry KMs
- TrueSight Presentation Server Does Not Load After Installing Hardware Sentry TSPS component