Monitoring IronPort Systems with Monitoring Studio
KB1131 - Mar 04, 2014 - Last reviewed on Sep 19, 2017
Type: Configuration Template
Description: This article explains how to use the pre-built configuration for IronPort Systems with Monitoring Studio v9.4 and higher.
Additional Keywords: Configuration Template, IronPort
This article explains how to import the pre-built configuration into Monitoring Studio to monitor IronPort systems through SNMP.
The pre-built configuration does not cover all the monitoring aspects of IronPort systems. It is provided as an example and can be used as a working base for advanced monitoring. No support will be provided for this prebuilt configuration. Should you need further assistance to customize it, please contact our Professional Services team.
The pre-built configuration collects the following metrics:
Importing the Pre-Built Configuration
Before using the pre-built configuration, make sure that:
- You have access to the SNMP agent running on the IronPort System
- PATROL Agent 9.6 or later is installed and properly configured
- Monitoring Studio KM 9.4 or later is installed with the patch SWSY-3304, is loaded on the PATROL agent
- Download the configuration file compatible with your version of Monitoring Studio, unzip the cfg file and copy it on the server where the PATROL Agent and the Monitoring Studio KM are installed.
- Right-click on the main Monitoring Studio icon > KM Commands > Configuration > Import Configuration.
Importing the IronPort pre-built configuration
- Navigate to the folder where the downloaded cfg file is copied and choose the IronPort configuration file.
Selecting the IronPort pre-built configuration
- Provide the information to connect to the IronPort server to be monitored and click Next.
Setting up the group constants
- Monitoring Studio indicates the number of hosts found in the configuration file that require specific information before being imported. You can click the Hosts button to view the list. Click Next.
Verifying the host information
- Provide the hostname or IP address of the IronPort server to be monitored and click Next
Providing the Hostname or IP address of the IronPort Server to be monitored
- Specify the SNMP version used and click Next.
Selecting the version of the SNMP used
- For SNMP v1 and v2c, provide the SNMP community string; for SNMP v3 enter the credentials and click Next.
- Review the Import Summary and click Next.
- When import is complete, click Finish.
To learn more about the monitor types used in this configuration template, please refer to the Specifying the Monitors Used section of the user documentation.
Please refer to Professional Services page to learn more about the consulting services available.
- Monitoring Dell EMC Avamar Appliances using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring EMC Elastic Cloud using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring EMC ViPR Controllers using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring F5 BIG-IP Systems with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring HP StoreOnce using Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Hitachi Content Platform with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Hitachi Data Ingestor with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Huawei OceanStor 9000 Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Huawei V3 Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring IBM DataPower Appliance using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring IBM FlashSystem 900 Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Microsoft Lync Server 2010 with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Microsoft Lync Server 2013/Skype for Business with Monitoring Studio 8 or 9
- Monitoring MySQL Server 5.5 with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring NetApp E Series Storage Devices using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring Nimble Storage Appliances with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Nutanix Appliances using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring PostgreSQL with Monitoring Studio using a Configuration Template
- Monitoring Proxmox Systems using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring SharePoint 2013 and 2016 using Monitoring Studio v8 or v9
- Monitoring Squid Cache Proxy using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring Veeam Backup with Monitoring Studio