Sentry's ETLs Using WBEM: Unable to Collect Data
KB1179 - Mar 03, 2016
Description: This article explains why the Sentry Software's ETLs that are using WBEM to collect capacity information are unable to collect data and return the 'WBEMClient is not initialized' error message.
Additional Keywords: TrueSight Capacity Optimization
This article explains the procedure to follow if after installing and configuring a version prior to 10.5.00 of one of our ETLs that are using the WBEM protocol to collect capacity information, the ETL is unable to collect data.
- Run the TroubleShooting connection tools to check the connection settings (hostname, IP address, port and credentials).
- If your connection settings are correct, generate logs and look for the ‘WBEMClient is Not Initialized’ error message:
ERROR: 2016/02/08 09:07:38 CET ; Thread 7521020 ; EMC ; com.sentrysoftware.portal.common.job.interruption.ControlledExecution ; $Revision$ ; doRun
| An operation fails.
| EXCEPTION ResponseException : null
| ResponseException [Error=protocol.response, Context=[WBEM/CIM-XML, java.lang.IllegalStateException: WBEMClient is not initialized.]]
This error message is generated when there is an extra white space in the Hostname field of the ETL Configuration. This extra white space is often introduced by a copy/paste of the hostname or IP address in the Hostname field. This white space can also be observed in the connection string of the log file, between the hostname/IP address and the colon (:) as shown below:
| Creating a new client with the following environment : Host HTTP://10.0.10.12 :5988, Username=admin
To solve this issue:
- Edit the ETL configuration
- Expand the Connection settings menu
- In the Hostname field, remove the extra white space as illustrated below:
- Save the configuration.
- EMC SMI-S Agent ETL – Terminology and Computation Methods Simply Explained
- Generating Log Files for Storage ETLs
- How is Host Mapping Reconciled in TrueSight Capacity Optimization?
- Storage All-in-One ETL: DISCOVERY Service Iteration Fails When Upgrading to v1.4.00
- TrueSight Capacity Optimization for Storage: Assessing the Requirements
- Unable to Install Sentry’s Connectors on BMC Capacity Optimization v9.5.01
- Understanding the NetApp Integration into BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization
- What is the difference between Host Mapping and Reconciled Host Mapping?
- Where to Find NetApp Filers in the Capacity Views for TrueSight Capacity Optimization