The user name or password is incorrect Message Appears in PATROL Agent Error Log
KB1180 - Apr 29, 2016
Description: This article explains why the PATROL Agent error log may contain the following message: The user name or password is incorrect.
Additional Keywords: PATROL Agent
The following message may appear in the PATROL Agent error log when using PATROL Agent v9.6 or older and when loading Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL for the first time:
Mon Mar 21 08:55:13 2016: The user name or password is incorrect. --> user: swMigratePassword, logon type: LOGON32_LOGON_NETWORK
The password encryption method used by BMC PATROL Agent and Hardware Sentry is different. When loading Hardware Sentry for the first time, the KM converts the password encryption method to be able to operate properly. During this conversion, the above message is written in the error log. This temporary error has however no incidence on the operation of Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL and can be safely ignored.
- Class-41 Events not Sent to Cell After Upgrading PATROL Agent to v9.5
- Closing Sentry Class-41 Events in BEM/BPPM when Class-9 Events are Generated
- Handling PATROL Events of Class 11/41
- Hardware Monitoring: Modifying the Maximum Number of Hosts
- High CPU and PATROL Crash Issues after loading Hardware Sentry KM
- Infinite Loop Reported in the PATROL Agent Log or System Output Window
- Unable to Load the Sentry’s KMs when Using PATROL Agent v.9.0.00