P1246 - SSH and Telnet-based monitoring from a Linux/UNIX systemNov 04, 2011
Telnet and SSH functions library
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you need to monitor one of the following systems remotely from a Linux or UNIX system:
- Cisco MDS SAN switches
- HP 9000 GSP and HP Integrity MP cards
- Dell CMC and DRAC chassis
- HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator
- HP DotHill
- Sun ALOM and ILOM cards
- Any remote Linux/UNIX system
This patch replaces P1213
What does it fix?
The syntax of the command line used to launch a Java-based utility to connect to the remote system through Telnet or SSH can now be properly interpreted by the UNIX and Linux shell.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/psl directory on the server where the PATROL Agent is running
- Restart the PATROL Agent for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.
Warning: The monitoring stops working immediately after the patch file has been copied.