P1334 - Battery monitoring for IBM DS3000, DS4000, DS5000 Storage SystemsJul 05, 2012
Connector for IBM DS3000, DS4000, DS5000 Storage Systems (smcli)
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you have Disk Drawers in the system being monitored, or are getting battery alerts when the battery is charging.
What does it fix?
- Adds drawer number to disk identifier.
- Adds drawer monitoring as type "other device".
- The battery status of "Battery maintenance charging" was not recognized as an "OK" status.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server monitoring the DS array:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.