P1444 - Improved Monitoring of SMI-S Compliant RAID ControllersOct 03, 2013
Connectors for SMI-S Compliant RAID Controller - Windows and for SMI-S Compliant RAID Controller - Linux.
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you are using the SMI-S Compliant RAID Controller connector to monitor your RAID controller, typically in the following systems:
- IBM xSeries server with the IBM Director Agent
- HP ProLiant server with the HP Insight Management Agent and SNMP disabled
- Fujitsu PRIMERGY server with the Fujitsu Serverview Agent and SNMP disabled
- VMware ESX host (any vendor)
What does it fix?
- Adds monitoring of battery backup units on RAID Controllers.
- Improves the label of the disks so that they are better identified.
- The VMWare ESX Disks (Storage) and VMware ESX Disks (IPMI) connectors are now automatically deactivated if the SMI-S Compliant RAID Controller connector applies to the monitored system.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.