MSHW-4643 - Deleting a host wipes out the entire PATROL Agent configurationJun 14, 2017
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if Hardware Sentry deletes the entire PATROL Agent configuration when you delete a host, configured to perform with the "no threshold" mechanism, via the KM Commands.
What does it fix?
When deleting a host through the "Remove this System" KM Command, Hardware Sentry attempted to remove all thresholds associated with the selected host. In some circumstances, the query identifying the thresholds to be removed returned an unexpected result and the entire PATROL Agent configuration was deleted.
How to install the patch?
- MS_HW_kmcommands_1.9.50.zip if you are using Hardware Sentry v1.9.50
- MS_HW_kmcommands_1.9.60.zip if you are using Hardware Sentry v1.9.60
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/psl or %PATROL_HOME%\lib\psl directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Restart the PATROL Agent for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.