MSHW-4664 - Automatic Clean-up of Missing Devices on StartupJun 14, 2017
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you get false alerts on "missing devices" on system startup because the ID of these devices were reassigned dynamically during the boot of the system.
What does it fix?
- With this patch, you can now configure Hardware Sentry KM so that it automatically cleans up the list of previously discovered devices when the agent starts. To do so, you need to set the /SENTRY/HARDWARE/removeMissingDevicesOnStartup configuration variable to 1 (by using wpconfig.exe, PCM, or similar tools) and restart the PATROL agent.
- This will ensure that previously-discovered devices that cannot be retrieved with their new ID will not trigger false alerts. This will also prevent the KM from detecting devices that go missing during a reboot, like a faulty processor that is automatically disabled by the BIOS.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/psl or %PATROL_HOME%\lib\psl directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Restart the PATROL Agent (the KM stops working immediately after the file is copied and until the agent is restarted).
- Set the /SENTRY/HARDWARE/removeMissingDevicesOnStartup configuration variable to 1 in the agent's configuration (through wpconfig.exe, PCM, or similar tools)
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.