P1292 - WBEM HP Insight Management Agent on Linux and VMwareFeb 24, 2012
- HP ProLiant Servers running Linux using the WBEM version of the HP Insight Manager Agent
- ESX servers with the HP Insight Manager Agent installed on the host ESX Server.
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you are using the WBEM version of the HP Insight Manager Agent on a Linux Server, or if you have the HP Insight Manager Agent for ESX installed (or an HP Customized version of ESX).
What does it fix?
- Allows the monitoring of an HP Server running Linux via WBEM instead of SNMP.
- Provides an alternative to the ESX native hardware monitoring agent on ESX Server. The HP Agent for ESX usually provides better and more details status of the server.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to %RSM_HOME%\RSMxx\SEN_HW\hdf_27xx\ on each RSM:
- The RSM will need to be restarted after installing this patch.