P1364 - Monitoring HP-UX Servers via WBEMOct 30, 2012
Connectors for monitoring HP-UX Servers via WBEM
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you need to monitor HP Integrity BL860c i2, BL870c i2 & BL890c i2 Server Blades, rx2800 i2, HP Integrity Superdome 2 servers or servers that have a similar architecture.
What does it fix?
Adds support for newer HP Integrity i2 servers running HP-UX.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the managed server:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect. ([right-click] on the main Hardware Sentry icon > [KM Commands] > [Reinitialize KM...]).
- Ensure that the patrol user has rights to access the WBEM Provider or specify in the KM WBEM credentials with sufficient rights.
- If fans are not discovered, update the WBEMMgmtBundle to the latest version.
- For Network Port and Link Status, the HPUX WBEM Network connector can be used. For full statistical information, use the HPUX Network Connector (SSH Based) instead.