P1368 - Improved Monitoring of EMC Storage SystemsOct 30, 2012
Connector for EMC Disk Arrays
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch:
- if you monitor EMC storage systems and experience false alarms on the FC and/or Ethernet ports.
- to fix a display issue for controllers and storage processors.
What does it fix?
- FC ports and Ethernet ports that were not configured or not in use were inaccurately reported as "Failed (Stopped)" with a status in alarm. Such ports are now reported with an OK status.
- The connection type of the port is no longer detailed in the instance name. Only the main acronym is being used: "FC Port N", "FC Port E", etc.
- The speed of each port is now monitored with the LinkSpeed parameter of the MS_HW_NETWORK class.
- Controllers and storage processors are now reported as "Controllers" under the "Other Devices" category.
- The ID of the storage processors and controllers is no longer displayed twice in the label of the corresponding instance.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the managed server:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect. Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.