P1415 - Patch for Linux servers with emX or pXpY network portsMay 24, 2012
Connectors for monitoring Network Cards on Linux systems
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- you are using a recent version of Linux where BIOS Device Names (emX or pXpY) are used to identify network ports.
- you have administratively down network ports being monitored.
What does it fix?
- Adds support for emX and pXpY ports.
- Allows that an administratively down network port, if listed just before the loopback interface, would still be monitored as if it was administratively up (Linux - Network Only).
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to %RSM_HOME%\RSMxx\SEN_HW\hdf_2x\ on each RSM:
- No further actions are required. The new component monitoring will be added at the next discovery.