P1524 - Undetected Power Failures on IBM AIX ServersApr 22, 2014
Connectors for "IBM AIX � Common�, "IBM AIX - usysfault", and "IBM Hardware Management Console (HMC)".
Should you install this patch?
Install these connectors if power failures are not detected on IBM AIX Servers:
- MS_HW_IBMAIX.hdf: this connector needs to be updated on all IBM AIX servers.
- MS_HW_IBMAIXusysfault.hdf: this new connector should be installed on all IBM AIX servers that are not connected to a Hardware Management Console (HMC).
- MS_HW_IBMHMC.hdf: this new connector should be installed on a separate system to monitor the IBM AIX systems connected to a Hardware Management Console (HMC) by connecting to the HMC system.
What does it fix?
- The MS_HW_IBMAIX.hdf connector now triggers an ALARM on the Status parameter of the system when a problem has been reported by errpt on sysplanar0 since 0:00am. The alert remains until 0:00am the following day and is then cleared automatically.
- The new MS_HW_IBMAIXusysfault.hdf connector reports the status of the System Attention LED and triggers an alert when this LED is turned on. The alert remains until an administrator manually acknowledges the status of the System Attention LED.
- The new MS_HW_IBMHMC.hdf connector allows administrators to monitor the overall health of IBM AIX servers through the Hardware Management Console (HMC). It reports the status of the System Attention LED and triggers an alert if a hardware problem has been reported on each system since 0:00am.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file(s) to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.