P1607 - Patch for NetApp Data ONTAP ETL for BMC TrueSight CO 5.0.00Feb 12, 2015
Version 5.0.01 of NetApp Data ONTAP ETL for BMC TrueSight CO, which can be installed on top of version 5.0.00 or directly as a first installation.
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- metrics are not properly collected for volumes.
- Ethernet ports are missing when using Data ONTAP 8.2.1 in cluster mode.
What does it fix?
- An exception occurred while collecting volume information.
- Ethernet ports were not properly discovered when using Data ONTAP 8.2.1 in cluster mode.
How to install the patch?
- Access the BMC Capacity Optimization Console.
- In the Administration tab, click ETL & SYSTEM TASKS > ETL tasks > Storage - NetApp Data ONTAP Extractor Service > Stop.
- Stop all the other ETL tasks by performing step 1.
- In the Administration tab, click SYSTEM > Maintenance.
- Verify the installation status of the already uploaded packages. If their status is "READY" or "RUNNING", wait for the installation to complete before proceeding.
- At the bottom of the Maintenance page, locate the Upload patch or additional package file section.
- Click Browse, locate and select the file to download named:
- NetApp-Data-ONTAP-ETL-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-5.0.01-Compatibility95.zip for BMC TrueSight CO 9.5
- NetApp-Data-ONTAP-ETL-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-5.0.01 for BMC TrueSight 10.0
- Click Upload.
- Read the Package Release Notes and click Next to continue.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the server on which the operation must be executed; that is on which server the package will be saved.
- Click Proceed to continue.
- A successful execution will result in a green line in the Additional components table.
- In the Administration tab, click ETL & SYSTEM TASKS > ETL tasks > Storage - NetApp Data ONTAP Extractor Service and click to start the active configuration.
- Restart the other ETLs.