P1612 - IBM AIX pSeries Servers - HBAs with MPIO enabledMar 02, 2015
- SMI-S Compliant RAID Controller � Linux
- SMI-S Compliant RAID Controller - Windows
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if your IBM AIX servers have HBAs with MPIO enabled.
What does it fix?
- HBA ports were only considered active if a tape drive or hard disk were attached to them. HBA ports will now be considered active if an enabled path is associated to them.
- Ports that were used as failover ports by MPIO were considered disabled. This caused false link down alerts and stopped monitoring on ports that were in fact active.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to %RSM_HOME%\RSMxx\SEN_HW\hdf_2xxx\ on each RSM:
- No further actions are required. The new component monitoring will be added at the next discovery.