P1681 - Support for Cisco Ethernet SwitchesSep 03, 2015
Connector for Cisco Ethernet Switches
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you wish to monitor a Cisco Ethernet switch.
- Cisco MDS Switches should be monitored using the Cisco MDS9000 Series - SSH/Telnet connector.
- Cisco Nexus/UCS combined Fiber/Ethernet switches (FCoE) should be monitored using the Cisco UCS Manager (Blade, Fabric Interconnect Switch) connector.
What does it fix?
Adds monitoring of the non-port components (power supplies, fans, temperature sensors and voltages) for Cisco Ethernet switches via SNMP.
Note: Ports can be monitored using the MIB-2 Standard SNMP Agent - Network Interfaces connector.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.