P9008 - 2701B01: Patch Bundle 1 for Tivoli Storage Manager KM 2.7.01Apr 03, 2014
This patch bundle contains all the patches currently available for Tivoli Storage Manager KM 2.7.01. It consists of the following files:
- PSL library files
- KM files
- Command files
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch bundle if:
- you are using Tivoli Storage Manager KM for PATROL to monitor multiple TSM instances through different PATROL Agents running on the same TSM server
- you are receiving false alerts from TSMLoginStatus of from storage pool migration related parameters
- repeated “unable to obtain lock” messages or missing TSM parameter messages are displayed in the System Output Window (SOW)
- you do not get alarms for missing TSM daemons
What does it fix?
- TSM-134: A configuration problem prevented the proper monitoring of different TSM instances through different PATROL Agents on the same TSM server, causing the KM to stop operating. A procedure is now available in the Knowledge Base of the Sentry’s Web site that describes how to configure the KM in order to monitor multiple IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server instances.
- TSM-141: The TSMLoginStatus parameter triggered false warning when errors from the JOB_TEXT command output occurred.
- TSM-142:The product sometimes failed to trigger alerts for missing TSM daemons.
- TSM-161 & TSM-168: When activated, the TSMDaemonCollectorExecTime parameter was not appearing in the console under Daemons. Also, an error is displayed on the SOW for the same missing parameter.
- TSM-167: When monitoring multiple TSM instances using different PATROL Agents, dsmadmc interface hangs intermittently. The interface access is changed to lock across Agents to avoid simultaneous dsmadmc command executions.
- TSM-179: Migration related parameters (TSMPoolSpaceMigrated, TSMPoolSpaceMigratedPercent & TSMPoolSpaceMigrationElapsed) are not available for copy storage pools.
- TSM-180: The KM would create unknown job instance (: @ <unknown>) at times, with all offline parameters.
- TSM-186: When upgrading the KM to version 2.7.01, custom log filters for alarm and warning were lost.
- TSM-188: The KM temporary file system fills up when aclog query grows. To avoid this, a warning message is added to System Output Window (SOW) when any monitored log is not fully processed due to log scan limitation.
How to install the patch?
On Windows, unzip the following file to the %PATROL_HOME% directory on the managed systems, while logged in as default PATROL Agent user:
On UNIX, untar the following file to the $PATROL_HOME directory on the managed systems, while logged in as default PATROL Agent user:
Restart the PATROL Agent for the patch to take effect. Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.
Reminder: If you intend to use the Tivoli Storage Manager KM for monitoring multiple TSM instances on the same TSM server, please read this Knowledge Base article: Monitoring Multiple IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server Instances (TSM).