Failing to Upgrade to Java v1.8.0_45
KB1191 - Dec 27, 2016 - Last reviewed on Feb 06, 2019
Description: This article explains the procedure to follow to upgrade Java to version 1.8.0_45 using the BMC Common Installer.
Additional Keywords: Java, Jar
Even though the BMC Common Installer indicates that Java has been successfully upgraded to version 1.8.0_45, the java files are not replaced in:
$PATROL_HOME/../jre64/bin(for UNIX/Linux systems)
%PATROL_HOME%\jre64\bin(for Windows systems)
This problem prevents some Sentry Software’s KMs to operate properly.
To avoid this situation, Sentry Software recommends uninstalling any previous version of Java installed on the managed system before installing Java v1.8.0_45.
- Installation or Upgrade Fails Due to Locked Out Jar Files
- Monitoring Fails Due to SSL Handshake or Authentication Failures
- Monitoring Studio X Unexpectedly Hangs or Consumes High CPU When Running a JRE Higher Than 8
- Other Sentry KMs Stop Working After EMC KM 3.1.00 Install
- SSH-based monitoring fails due to incompatible Java versions
- java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection Reset When Monitoring Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2