Monitoring Dell EMC Avamar Appliances using Monitoring Studio KM
KB1231 - Jul 18, 2018
Type: Configuration Template
Description: This article explains how to use the pre-built configuration for Dell EMC Avamar Appliances with Monitoring Studio v9.4 and higher.
Additional Keywords: Configuration Template, Dell, Dell EMC Avamar
This article explains how to import the pre-built configuration into Monitoring Studio to monitor Dell EMC Avamar Appliances through SNMP.
The pre-built configuration collects the following metrics:
- Burm Last Activity
- Activity Error Code (Threshold to be set by the user)
- Activity Status Code (Threshold to be set by the user)
- Activity Type
- Client Name
- Active Sessions
- Data Protected MB (Threshold to be set by the user)
- Free Mega Bytes
- Server Status
- Storage Used Percentage
- Scheduler Status
Importing the Pre-Built Configuration
Before using the pre-built configuration, make sure that:
- a supported version of the PATROL Agent is installed and properly configured,
- Monitoring Studio KM 9.4.02 or higher is installed with the latest patches and loaded on the PATROL Agent
- You have access to the SNMP Agent running on the Avamar appliance through SNMP v1, v2c, or v3.
Download the configuration file, unzip and copy it on the server where the PATROL Agent is installed and loaded with the Monitoring Studio KM.
Right-click on the main Monitoring Studio icon > KM Commands > Configuration > Import Configuration…
![Importing the pre-built configuration](Dell-EMC-Avamar-Wizard 01.png)
Locate the folder where the downloaded .cfg file is saved and select the Dell EMC Avamar configuration file.
![Selecting the configuration file to import](Dell-EMC-Avamar-Wizard 02.png)
Monitoring Studio indicates the number of hosts found in the configuration file that require specific information before being imported. You can click the Hosts button to view the list. Click Next.
![Verifying the Host information](Dell-EMC-Avamar-Wizard 03.png)
Provide the hostname or IP address of the Dell EMC Avamar appliance to be monitored and click Next.
![Providing the hostname or IP address of the Dell EMC Avamar appliance to be monitored](Dell-EMC-Avamar-Wizard 04.png)
Specify the system credentials (optional) and the SNMP version you wish to use and click Next.
![Providing credentials and SNMP version](Dell-EMC-Avamar-Wizard 05.png)Note: For SNMP v1 and v2c, provide the SNMP community string; for SNMP v3 enter the credentials.
Review the Import Summary and click Next.
![Reviewing the import summary](Dell-EMC-Avamar-Wizard 06.png)
Click Finish.Note: Thresholds are not set by default. We recommend you set them according to your specific requirements.
To learn more about the Monitors used in this configuration template, please refer to the Specifying the Monitors Used section of the user documentation.
Please refer to Professional Services page to learn more about the consulting services available.
- Monitoring Dell Blade Servers with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring Dell Compellent Systems with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring Dell PowerEdge Servers with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring EMC Elastic Cloud using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring EMC ViPR Controllers using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring F5 BIG-IP Systems with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring HP StoreOnce using Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Hitachi Content Platform with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Hitachi Data Ingestor with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Huawei OceanStor 9000 Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Huawei V3 Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring IBM DataPower Appliance using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring IBM FlashSystem 900 Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring IronPort Systems with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Microsoft Lync Server 2010 with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Microsoft Lync Server 2013/Skype for Business with Monitoring Studio 8 or 9
- Monitoring MySQL Server 5.5 with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring NetApp E Series Storage Devices using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring Nimble Storage Appliances with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Nutanix Appliances using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring PostgreSQL with Monitoring Studio using a Configuration Template
- Monitoring Proxmox Systems using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring SharePoint 2013 and 2016 using Monitoring Studio v8 or v9
- Monitoring Squid Cache Proxy using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring Veeam Backup with Monitoring Studio
- Troubleshooting the Dell Open Manage Server Administrator