Monitoring EMC RecoverPoint Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
KB1195 - Apr 26, 2017 - Last reviewed on Jun 20, 2017
Type: Configuration Template
Description: This article explains how to use the pre-built configuration for EMC RecoverPoint storage devices with Monitoring Studio v9.2 and higher.
Additional Keywords: EMC, EMC RecoverPoint
This article explains how to import the pre-built configuration into Monitoring Studio to monitor the capacity and performance of the EMC RecoverPoint storage devices through the REST API. The Sentry Storage Analyzer for TrueSight OM license is required to use Monitoring Studio.
The pre-built configuration does not cover all the monitoring aspects of EMC RecoverPoint storage devices. It is provided as an example and can be used as a working base for advanced monitoring. No support will be provided for this prebuilt configuration. Should you need further assistance to customize it, please contact our Professional Services team.
The pre-built configuration collects the following metrics:
Cluster Repository Volume Settings
Group Copy Settings
Group Policy Settings
Replication Sets Settings
Importing the Pre-Built Configuration
Before using the pre-built configuration, make sure that:
- The system running the PATROL Agent has access to the REST API of the EMC RecoverPoint storage device
- PATROL Agent 9.6 or later is installed and properly configured
- The latest patches published for your version of Monitoring Studio are installed and loaded on the PATROL agent.
If you are using Monitoring KM 9.2 or 9.3, make sure that the SEN_JFlatCLI.jar file is copied on the server where the PATROL Agent is running and the patrol user account has access to the file.
- EMC-RecoverPoint-for-MSv9.x-v1.zip if you are using Monitoring Studio v9.2 or v9.3
- EMC-RecoverPoint-for-MSv9.4-v2.zip if you are using Monitoring Studio v9.4
Importing the EMC RecoverPoint pre-built configuration
Selecting the EMC RecoverPoint pre-built configuration to import
- RPHOST: hostname of the EMC RecoverPoint storage device to be monitored
- (Only for Monitoring Studio v9.2 or v9.3) SENJFLATPATH: path to the SEN_JFlatCLI.jar file. This file should have been previously copied on the server where the PATROL Agent is running and the patrol user account should have access to the file.
Setting the group constants
Specifying the hostname or IP address of the EMC RecoverPoint storage device to be monitored
Selecting the version of the SNMP used
Reviewing the EMC RecoverPoint pre-built configuration import summary
To learn more about the monitor types used in this configuration template, please refer to the Specifying the Monitors Used section of the user documentation.
Please refer to Professional Services page to learn more about the consulting services available.
- How to Rebuild the SYMAPI Database in the EMC SMI-S Provider
- Monitoring EMC Atmos Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC Data Domain Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC Isilon Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC Symmetrix Disk Arrays with Sentry's Solutions
- Monitoring the EMC SMI-S Provider with Monitoring Studio
- Preventing the Automatic Discovery of EMC Symmetrix Arrays
- Removing an EMC CLARiiON System from the SMI-S Provider
- Removing an EMC Symmetrix System from the SMI-S Provider
- SMI-S Provider Returning Incorrect Operational Status Field from CLARiiON and VNX Arrays
- Verifying that Every EMC Disk Arrays are Properly Attached to an EMC SMI-S Provider